Meat n' potato kinda guy san diego restaurants

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Philly Cheesesteak Wrap @ the Gansevoort in Miami

On our last day in Miami we decided to hit Plunge at the Gansevoort Hotel on South Beach.  As you can see to the left it was a long narrow pool, what you can't really see is that it was on the roof of the hotel about 30 stories up.  The view was amazing and it was a great way to spend our last day.  There were soft white chusions in thatch chairs lining the pool.  But you couldn't sit in them unless you ordered a bottle.  Bottle service EVERYWHERE.

The night before was a little rough so I wasn't feeling too good before we arrived.  Needless to say I got in the pool and didn't get out for a long time.  After about an hour I finally succumbed to the fact that I needed to eat something even though I didn't necessarily want to.  As I looked over the menu one thing jumped off of the page at me, "Philly Cheesesteak Wrap".  It was different, it should be greasy, and it was blogable.  Done.

It was fantastic.  Light, fresh and heavy enough.  It came with two skewers of fresh fruit rather than fries which I was totally okay with.  It was rather enjoyable and not something I would ever even imagine.  It could have been that anything would have been good with the I was feeling but as far as i'm concerned, good stuff.

Also, I didn't get to enjoy it but STK was in the Gansevoort - so money!!!

Plunge on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment