Meat n' potato kinda guy san diego restaurants

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

San Diego Food vs. Dallas Food


So, I get a lot of questions about why I don't blog anymore.  Well, last night it came to me after another lackluster meal, at Searsucker.  Searsucker is supposed to be one of the premier 'New American' restaurants in San Diego.  It was good, 4 out of 5 stars.  However, for those of you that used to read my blogs in Dallas, everything used to be five stars. 

Every new restaurant we tried, from a burger stand to fine dining it was all great.  Maybe that is because I was younger and inexperienced when it came to food.  Maybe my standards weren't as high.  I don't know what it was but either way I figured it out why I don't blog anymore, the food n San Diego just isn't as good.  Everything that is supposed to be sooooo good, just isn't, it isn't bad, it just doesn't WOW me.  For example, since I've moved back to the City of San Diego (vs North County), I've been in search for a really good burger, nothing fancy just a go to spot.  Where to people tell me to go? Hodads...meh.  I even gave it a second shot a couple of weeks ago.  They don't season the burger, its too greasy and the bun doesn't hold up, it just falls apart.  People have always said San Diego isn't a good food town, I must say I finally have to agree.
 

There are a few pearls I have found, Buona Forchetta, Fish Public and Blue Boheme.  I will try to write about them shortly to give you insight to at least what I think is good.  For those of you that disagree and think San Diego is a hot spot for foodies, please enlighten me to where the GREAT spots are.  Preferably close to Downtown, Northpark or Mission Valley, I don't like to travel too far.  Until next time....
Hodad's on Urbanspoon
 
Searsucker on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment