Meat n' potato kinda guy san diego restaurants

Thursday, April 29, 2010

All kinds of goodness

Two potlucks and one barbecue later my days off have come to an end.  Potluck one I couldn't tell you what I had but it was good.  It is interesting what people make/bring.  You would be surprised what you find out about people.  Stephanie brought some good Indian food, and Vidhya brought some more Indian food, I think.  It was yellow rice I think she said it had saffron in it with Spinach and Cottage cheese that lay over the top of the yellow rice.  I am not huge on veggies which means I shouldn't like this dish, right?  Wrong!  It was super good.  Stephanie's dish was rice and chicken and some sort of sauce.  It was spicy(tasted like curry I think) I'm not gonna lie but it was good and it had me going back for seconds!  I took some of my mac and cheese...the secret?  Velveeta and Smoked Gouda....unfortunately it wasn't as good the day of as it was when I cooked it.  I was hoping to show off to the culinary staff and get hired as a free-lance chef but I blew my one shot at immortality.  No excuse I could come up with could bring back the taste and texture of my dish.  It's okay though it was still good.  All kidding aside V & Steph got my vote for the top 2 dishes! 

Potluck #2 was today, oh yea, this was a good one.  Ken brought some Clam dip, he said it wasn't as good as his mom's, but really, who makes something better than their mom?  Stephanie killed it again and brought some garlic artichoke dip, very nice.  All I want to know is when do I get to go to dinner at her house!  Our culinary genius who is Josh brought some braised short ribs that went on a bed of blue cheese chive grits...yes they were as good as they sound.  For you Californians reading this - I have no idea how to explain to you what grits are, they're just a southern thing.  Go watch My Cousin Vinny - maybe that'll help.  Nicely done sir.  I wish I could remember what else I ate - all I can tell you is it was ALL GOOD.  There was nothing I put in my mouth I did not like.  One interesting thing  I can remember was a watermelon salad with feta and chopped mint leaves.  It was a nice palate cleanser as there was many different flavors going on at this party.  To end my dish was a Sopapilla Cheesecake that Sol made, good as always, she got the recipe from a lady named Gaye at her work.  Also Genaro brought some Peruvian pastries, I couldn't tell you what they were or what they were made out of but they were delish.

Now that I am done reminiscing about my food adventures about the last few days I will get on with my night.

No comments:

Post a Comment