Meat n' potato kinda guy san diego restaurants

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Blanche de Bruxelles: Biere Blanche

Okay so it's late at night and i'm getting ready to play some poker, my lost love that I am slowly rekindleing.  I just grabbed Sol's last beer outta the fridge so please don't tell her, she won't find out till she reads this in the AM!

Anyways, it's called Blanche De Bruxelles, anyone heard of it?  It's a wheat beer, kind of like a Hef.  I am normally not a big fan of fruit in my beer but a lemon really enhances the flavor in this one.  Okay i'm a really bad liar.  If someone tells me to put a lemmon or an orange in my beer, i'll believe them and do it.  But that's just because I like to take recommendations!  In reality though, not all wheat beer tastes good with a lemon. 

Sol and I first tried this beer at the Merridian Room, a cool little Irish pub over across the street from Fair Park.  We loved it, Sol has had it a few times.  It is a little foggy but not quite as heavy as a Hef.  Its a light golden color, and pours with a good head on it.  I am not gonna lie as much as I like this beer, I can not taste anything but the citrus, not necesarily a bad thing but I should have tried it before the lemmon.  I'm sorry I wasn't thinking of my readers, instead I just poured it how I like it!  Really though, how bad could a beer be that has cupid peeeing.

I might as well throw the Merridian Room some love while i'm on here.  Its a cool little place where the owners are straight from Ireland and they bartend to.  There are so many Irish Pubs around Dallas, but how many actually have Irishmen working there?  The food is good and they have a GREAT beer selection.  Its a chill place whit comfy seating.  I wish I was there more because I feel right at home.

Good Beer_Use Lemon_Merridian Room!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Anthony, you've probably had beer of this type before. Other examples of Belgian White beers (Blanche de Bruxelles actually means Belgian White in French) include Blue Moon, Shock Top, and, my personal favorite (for the taste as well as the name), Hoegaarden. I imagine the only one of these that would be even hold a candle to Blanche would be Hoegaarden, which is considered the original Belgian White. Peace!

    ReplyDelete