Meat n' potato kinda guy san diego restaurants

Thursday, August 12, 2010

The Biggest Donut EVER!

I was sitting at home watching the Food Network on another gorgeous day.  Man vs. Food came on and he was touring the country.  All of a sudden Round Rock Donuts came on and a light bulb went off in my head, "That's right by my dads!".  So I sat up to see what they had to say.  They happened to be featuring a giant donut! I love donuts!  I didn't even have to watch the rest of the show before I put it on my wish list.

So here I am getting off the plane in Austin, and my Dad says, "What do you want to do?" and to that I replied, "I want to go to Round Rock Donuts!"  It was late and they were closed but we went first thing the next day.  We walked in and there was none on the display case, I was looking around, and I saw a picture of it that said -> "It really is that big" - I instantly thought to myself, That's what she said....hehehe.

Anyways we asked about it and ordered one, a few minutes later the Holy Grail came out of the back in a giant box, I peaked inside just to make sure  it was in there.  There was no seating inside so we had to take it home, no problem for me I could enjoy it however I wanted to with no one watching me.  From here we went to (click the link below):

Mighty Fine Hamburgers

Once we got home from that wonderful burger shack I could only wait about 10 minutes before I got up and dove into this Gi-normous buh-heamoth of a donut.  It was still warm...

I picked it up and took a bite.  Is there any better "sweet" than a warm, soft, succulent, tasty donut?  I mean really.  I think I first fell in love with them at the L.A. County Fair.  I remember my dad used to take me when I was little every year.  And the last stop before we went home was a "Texas Style Donut", it was called "The Big D"  I always thought that meant donut but I guess it was Dallas.  Now that I think of it, that's probably why I moved to Dallas...hmph. 

This thing was bigger than my hand, i could have put it around my wrist and slid it up to my bicep, and  I have some big guns.  Honestly, if Sol was with me I would have tried to put it around her head.  It was a large piece of food. 

So Dallas-ites if you are coming down to Austin or gonna drive through to San Antonio, save your hunger for some Round Rock Donuts, cuz that s#!^ is good!

Side note: Once it cools the glaze breaks and chips off, so throw it in the microwave and warm that sucker up, its just as good as the second go around and the glaze will be gooey again!

BIG_TASTY_DONUT

Round Rock Doughnuts on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment