Meat n' potato kinda guy san diego restaurants

Friday, January 21, 2011

Food Bloggers Diet: Day 1...Again

Sol and I joined a gym, $38 bucks, for both of us!  L.A. Fitness, killer deal right?  Tell 'em I sent ya, ;) Anyways, got off of work and went over to the gymnasium.  Played some racquetball with Sol then jumped on the bike.  Pushed myself a little for the first night.  Then we found out they closed early on Friday night, nice one...I went over and pumped some iron, had time for like one set of 9 reps or so.

After that we went over to Henry's Farmers Market and got some Fruit, Veggies and Salmon.  I decided I/we need to learn how to cook healthier food so I decided to take a crack at Blackened Salmon.  I had to slice off the skin, that was fun.  Not, we have shitty knives.  We registered for some nice ones....AHEM.  Then Sol looked up how to cut skin off fish on the World Wide Web and things went a little smoother.  Put my spice mix together and Voila!  I did it!  It tasted pretty good too.  We also had some steamed broccoli and carrots.

Look at us go, we cooked a healthy meal and went to the gym in the same day, not a bad Day 1.

2 comments:

  1. cuban sandwiches will be out of the question in miami... good luck and glad to see your blogging again..

    ReplyDelete