Meat n' potato kinda guy san diego restaurants

Friday, May 14, 2010

The Food Bloggers Diet...

Over the last few months I have been contemplating on when I would get my tail in gear and start working out.  On Monday I decided enough was enough and it was time to start getting healthy.  I started the insanity work out and five days later I'm feeling good.  Some might say this is a contradiction to my blog but I have to get healthy and stop living the lazy life!  I can still eat and drink and have a good time and enjoy the things I love but I have to do it sporadically and reward myself after a hard weeks work and make sure not to over do it.  Mixed in with working out I need to start trying to eat healthier.

I am not a huge fan of fruit and veggies but it's time I acquire a taste.  For instance I just finished day 5 of my work out and I right now I am eating a fruit salad made with hand cut fruit from my kitchen with strawberries, banana & cantaloupe.  It's so good.  I don't mind fruit as long as it's ripe.  And most times our ripe fruit comes from the Dallas Farmers Market.  You can pick which fruit is ripe because the vendors are usually handing out samples right in front of their stands.  Last night at had chicken, asparagus, spinach & broccoli.  Yuuuuuuuuumy...bleh.  It wasn't too bad but I''m in the zone right now, I know I can stay there.

At any rate, I'm excited to shed some pounds and get to a healthy state.  It's been  along time coming.  I need to stay motivated though - so I am sure I will use this as an outlet to help me through this.  Don't worry I still have some good places in mind to write about, but no beer or cocktails for one more week though.

I will probably be sprinkling in some of my fitness in with my food blogs - hope you don't mind.

Now - Let's Do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment