Meat n' potato kinda guy san diego restaurants

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Not much to blog about...Miami's coming soon though!

Well, I am afraid I will have a big lull in the blogging department for the next 10 days or so.  I will be working every day until I leave for Miami.  I might try to squeeze in breakfast at Smoke or at brunch at Place at Perry's.  I just read an article that said Perry's is targeting the shorts and flip flop (aka Chanclas) crowd on Saturday's, which is totally me and sol.  I also heard they have 19 different types of sliders for lunch, definitely can't go wrong with that.  In fact I just glanced at the lunch menu - and I think that is where I might spend this upcoming Saturday - if I don't have to come in for inventory that is.  Smoke has been looking good for breakfast I just haven't made it in though.  It's not often I get up early enough to score the breakfast menu at McDonald's, let alone a normal restaurant.  Either way I'll have some good eats in Miami!
The good news is I leave to Miami next Thursday AM, bright and early.  I'm excited to see what they're cooking up over in South Beach - Cuban food is definitely on my radar.  You better believe I am going to find the best hole in the wall in South Beach.  I'm also looking forward to trying some interesting cocktails as well.  I know I'll be forking over 15 bucks per drink but I'm prepared!  I'll definitely take some pics and get some recipes.  I'm also betting on some rather exotic seafood since we'll a)be on the coast and b) be in an area I'm not accustomed to.  I am a little worried about the oil either ruining the fresh catches or driving up the price.  I don't think I'll be eating anywhere too fancy so I'll be getting creative on where we "dine".  In the airplane i'll probably have a shuffle of LMFAO's "Im in Miami *&^%#" and Will Smith's "Welcome to Miami".  So if I don't see you till then then adios!

P.S. I'm on a diet_I made a deal with Sol to not drink till Miami_I'm doing the Insanity video training series!

No comments:

Post a Comment